Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cruisin' along

Well not a whole lot to tell you about, but I just wanted to say that I am feeling so happy about this pregnancy and life right now. Last night I woke up during the night and then suddenly realised "That's right, I'm pregnant!". It was the weirdest feeling and I was so so overjoyed to remember I am pregnant. I lay in bed grinning to myself in the dark.

I had an appointment with my obstetrician yesterday and everything is looking great. Little M has turned around and is now head down, so hoping she stays that way. She's still relatively high in my uterus, but that's ok. She was measuring spot on and was madly wiggling as he measured her. She has been moving a lot and I love feeling her move, although sometimes it makes me feel a little queasy when she rolls around. I am getting less kicks and more rolling, wiggling type feelings, so I guess space is a little tight in there. I've been getting mild indigestion at night, but have been usually sleeping really well. I am really appreciating that I can sleep, I know so many other women struggle with sleep through their pregnancies. My belly is starting to get a bit painful. It's usually fine at the start of the day, but by about lunchtime I feel like I've done a few too many sit-ups and by the end of the day it is really quite sore. But it's normally ok when I'm sitting or lying, just a bit uncomfortable to stand and walk around. Overall though, I think I'm faring pretty well and I really can't complain.

Tonight is our first antenatal class...I think I'm mostly looking forward to it?

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you're cruising along - and I'm a bit jealous of your sleeping! :-) And first antenatal class - kinda exciting/kinda scary. I hope it goees well.

    ReplyDelete