Monday, December 13, 2010

:-)

Everything looks good! Unfortunately I don't have a picture to post as the USB port on the stupid machine he is borrowing (has TWO new ones on order) doesn't work. At the time we didn't think to take a photo of the screen. That would have been the next best thing.

So when he first put the ultrasound probe in (yes, another undignified internal scan) the little bub did a big jump. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was awesome! Little M (as we've now named him/her now) is measuring around 2cm and the heartbeat was 170bpm. Now Little M is not just a blob, he/she (I can't say "it"!) had a big head, body and legs. We couldn't see the arms, but I'm sure they were somewhere hiding there. We could easily see the heart beating away in the middle of the chest.

Another hurdle passed!

9 comments:

  1. BEST NEWS ALL DAY!!!!

    YAY!!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, each hurdle passed is to be celebrated, sending love, anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW FANTASTIC!! Is he getting the new machines in before Tuesday? ;-) However I always have my camera on me so I'll be sure to be ready. How fantastic he/she did a flip to say hello and showed off limbs and head!!! :-D do you have another scan with Bill or have you graduated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure when the new machines arrive. He is going to have one in his office and an extra one down the road at the clinic. I hope they come before your scan, but don't hold your breath! I thought of you afterwards and realised you would have immediately thought to take a photo of the screen. Wish I did!

    Bill said he is happy to squeeze me in for another scan next week if I am feeling anxious at all. But I'm going to try and hold out til the 31st with the obstetrician. Yesterdays scan really helped me start to feel like I might actually end up with a baby in July 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have one on Tuesday - it's his last day before holiday! ;-) I'll be there at 10 am. Thanks so much for last night when I was being a freak. Well, I'm still being a freak at the moment - I'm just directing it at eating all the cherries in the world at the moment rather than text messages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news, how exciting! Luv Tan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very happy to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you!!! Bet Fi is getting excited too. She'll be an awesome aunt. It is sounding so good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete