Monday, December 6, 2010

Well I haven't posted for a while because I haven't got much to tell you! I'm still feeling pretty anxious, so I'm wary to post because it ends up being a whinge. It sux that I can't just be excited to be pregnant like those who have never suffered miscarriage or the effects of infertility.

I rang up my obstetrician to make an appointment and the earliest they can fit me in is the 31st of December. I'll be 11w2d, feels like forever away. I'm not sure how I will go waiting that long to find out if bubs is still growing or not...I might lose the plot before then! I'm also worried about timing of our 12 week scan. It won't give me much time to book in for it the following week if I'm only getting a referral for it when I'm 11w2d.

Then slight nausea I am having is giving me hope that everything is going ok. It isn't too bad, just kind of lurking in the background sometimes. I haven't felt sick enough to actually throw up from it yet. Yesterday I felt fine all morning with no nausea at all and I found myself wishing for it by lunchtime just to give me some reassurance! Weird, I know. Definitely feeling it this morning though. The only other pregnancy sign I have is some tiredness. I'm yawning my head off by mid arvo and I'm asleep pretty early at night.

I'm working from home today as I am supposedly offline from my normal job so I can work on a project. If I'm in my office, I still get heaps of people popping in asking questions, talking to me about work issues and just stopping for a chat. So I decided I'd have a day working from home to see if I could actually get some more done. And here I am blogging. Oops! Will get back to work soon though, I promise...

One last thing, later this week I am travelling with the other managers to our offices at other locations around the state to have meetings with our regional staff. We do this every few months. I'm worried about the car travel as this is when I get my nausea the worst. So far, my longest trips have been about 30 minutes and by the end of that I'm feeling pretty bleurgh. On this trip we'll have a two hour trip, a one hour trip and a 3.5hour trip over two days. Not sure how I'll go!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything's cruising along, but not at all surprised that you're still anxious and not excited yet. When I was preg and anxious Bill said to call him and come in for a scan at any time if I wanted reassurance (in between my seven week scan and my scheduled 12 week scan with an obstetrician). I'm sure that he'd be very understanding and happy to see you for another scan (or three) if you need some reassurance - though he is off on holiday soon of course. Just an idea, if you're going mad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, great minds think alike. I forgot to say in my post that I rang the nurses on Friday morning and asked if I could have another scan with Bill. I didn't hear back until just now, so I wasn't feeling very hopeful that he would do another for me. But a nurse just rang me and I've just booked in to see him in a weeks time. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nausea and the work trop doesn't sound like fun. And I totally get still being anxious.

    ReplyDelete