Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm PUPO!

So I'm Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.

I've had a fairly cruisey day, which is just what I needed. My lovely husband brought me a cup of tea in bed, then we got ready and headed in for my acupuncture session, dropping my stepson at school on the way. Then into the clinic to wait for our appointment. They were only running 30 minutes late today, which isn't too bad by their standards. My FS is just so busy and there's really not many options in Tassie (only one clinic) so the waiting room is mostly always full.

This time I asked to know more about the quality of our embryo. It was a six cell, but only grade 3 (I think at my clinic the top grade is 5). So I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't graded better, but it had apparently grown more cells since it was defrosted yesterday, so that is something. My FS is a believer that it is how well the embryo divides that counts, not the grade. He says it's not always the pretty ones that succeed (does that apply to life too I wonder?). So I will try and take comfort from that, but not having a grade 5 doesn't sit well with my perfectionist take on life.

Anyway, we were in and out within five minutes with our embryo tucked in safe and sound. Then we saw a nurse to get my first pregnyl injection. I'm having pregnyl (HCG) shots to hopefully elevate my progesterone levels and give the frostie a good chance. I didn't use this last time, so hopefully it makes a difference. I have to give myself another injection of pregnyl on Thursday and Sunday. The thing with using pregnyl is that you can't take a sneaky pregnancy test early as the hcg will give you a false positive. This is going to be so hard for me. Test date is 16 days away - how am I going to keep my sanity for that long??? I've been an early tester since we started TTC. I have a stash of internet cheapie pregnancy tests to feed my addiction! Last time I got a BFP only 6 days after transfer.

Anyway, after that was another acupuncture session (with a quick browse around Myer to kill some time before) then a lovely leisurely lunch at one of our favourite haunts. Home to watch a DVD in bed (told you I had a cruisey day!) and now I'm kicking back on the couch watching some tv.

So, please cross your fingers and toes for me, as I will for you. I hope to have good news to share with you on the 11th August!

3 comments:

  1. yay for you! so glad your little one is tucked away nicely hopefully getting very comfortable in there with the big fat juicy lining the pregnyl will help make. just as a point of interest, i got my bfp on day 10 post transfer and i took pregnyl too. ofcourse we are all different and blah blah blah but i thought you may like to know. i am keeping everything crsosed for you both that this one will be a keeper xxx anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! A relaxing day is MUCH better. For me, transfer days are made for watching The West Wing in bed. :-) I hope 11 August brings some great news (and a more competent vampire!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Good luck! I really hope this little one sticks for you!

    ReplyDelete