Thursday, October 14, 2010

First injection tonight!

So I've started my next ivf cycle! Feeling a lot better after a crappy month or so. My HCG was "less than 2" yesterday and AF also arrived at last (one week late). So glad to be getting on with things!

I'm doing a "flare cycle", where I do Gonal-f injections from Day 2 (today) and then add in an injection of Centrotide from Day 6. My scan is next Friday (Day 10) to see how many follicles I am growing and how big they are. Hopefully a decent number (but not too many!) and a decent and uniform size.

Unlike a lot (most?) clinics, mine is light-on on the scans and also doesn't do blood tests for estrogen etc. But sometimes (not very often mind you) I think that isn't such a bad thing, less to know is less to worry about. But other times I think that knowledge is power and I'm one of those people who is info-hungry. I research almost EVERYTHING I do, and don't like the unknown. According to a recent Myers Briggs personality testing I did (at a uni course I'm doing) I'm a natural planner. Kinda good since I am the Manager (Program Planning) where I work. But it does make life difficult at times, especially when infertility means I can't plan the MAJOR part of my life where I was supposed to have finished having my babies by now.

But we're working on it...

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're flaring - and fantastic to hear you're sounding more up-beat about it. I know what it's like when I'm feeling down - sometimes people contacting you makes you feel worse and sometimes better - so I didn't know if I should PM you on facebook or not. So I don't know if I made the right decision or not, but I've been thinking of you.

    Our next appointment with the counsellor for our donor cycle stuff is next Friday at 9:30. If you'll be aroud too would you like to meet for a drink before or after? Or are you off to work? (I'm taking a long show day weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to but unfortunately I have boring meetings from 8:30 til 12:30. I really would love to see you though, can we try for another time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, whenever works for you. My 'normal' email address is Snuva.tas.au at gmail.com (of course without the spaces) and is the easiest way to get me probably as that address goes to my phone.

    ReplyDelete