Monday, November 29, 2010

6w5d scan update

So we went for our appointment and sat waiting nervously in the waiting room. Our RE came in to call the people ahead of us and said to us at the same time, "Bad news, the ultrasound machine is only working sporadically." So then we had tio wait wondering if we were going to get a scan or not. I was almost in tears thinking about it. Finally it was our turn and he called us in and said it wouldn't boot up and did we want to have a scan with the ancient machine he kept for emergencies? Of course, a scan with a crappy machine would be better than nothing. But as he was firing up the old one, suddenly his normal one sprang into life. He said, "Quick, get undressed before it dies!" so I whipped my trousers and knickers off and jumped on the table.

We still have a bub with a beating heart! He measured it at 128bpm, then a couple of minutes later at 123bpm. Apparently all good. He measured the embryo at 7w0d, then a couple of minutes later at 6w4d (the machine wasn't behaving wonderfully so it was quite a grainy image), so all good there too. He then tried to save us some pictures on a USB, but the machine chose to die right at that moment. But that's ok, the main thing is that we got to have a scan and it's all looking good!! Bubs has positioned itself in a great spot high up in my uterus. I'm on cloud nine right now. I know we're not through the danger period, but this is the furthest we have ever got, so we are stoked!

Now I still can't concentrate on work as I'm too excited! Very non-productive day workwise, but super productive in my happiness levels. :-)

11 comments:

  1. You totally have some great vibes going for you! It was like the machine was working just for you! SOOO great that its all good news, go out an celebrate tonight, you deserve it, these scans are anxiety hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! So wonderful that bubs in in a good spot and growing! But you should have kicked Bill when he couldln't save pictures onto the USB. But YEAH!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust the machine to be misbehaving. It sometimes feels like the world conspires against you to make every single step of the process as stressful and uncertain as possible! But that is WONDERFUL news! It all sounds good. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very happy for you, keep breathing, you can get through this and all will be well, i feel it in my bones. sending love, anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you!!! What great news. Keep growing little emby. Your FS sounds just like my FS - funny but caring. He hasn't got red head has he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad all is going well.
    Feebee30 from AC board

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha Jan, he does have red hair. I bet he's the same one - lots of flowery shirts??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jan, I just looked at your blog and realised that you are friends with my sister Fi. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a small cyberworld! I am triply happy for you now. I went to Bill and he helped me conceive my 9mo using pregnyl. I found your blog as I was a regular on Baby centre so I still read. I came to your house for Fi's 40th. Does she know you have a blog? I won't mention it. My fingers and toes are so crossed or you that you have a healthy pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol @ Jan! Isn't this weird!? I remember your gorgeous baby bump when you came to my house for Fi's suprise party. She knows I have a blog, but she hasn't read it (as far as I know!) I don't mind if you mention it, but I haven't showed any family this blog so I can write whatever I please and don't have to worry about who is reading.
    Anyway, I'm still totally amazed at out random connection on here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW...not that I would say anything bad about Fi in my blog because she is the best sister ever. Just wouldn't want to worry her with all my psycho ramblings!

    ReplyDelete