Wednesday, January 19, 2011

14 weeks

Well now I can say I am definitely in the second trimester. I've been a bit confused about when the second trimester actually starts. Some books/websites say 12 weeks, some say 13 weeks and others say 14 weeks. But I'm definitely out of the first trimester now, even according to the later dates.

I'm doing pretty well. Nausea seems to have almost completely stopped. My energy levels are on the up again, I can actually stay awake after 8pm now and I'm no longer yawning continously all day. I think I now have a little baby belly, but it is very hard to tell under my blubbery normal tummy. But it has become a bit "pointier" and definitely harder.

We listen to the heartbeat on the Doppler most days. Now we can actually hear Little M moving about by the heartbeat suddenly moving away, then it's back again a short time later. It's very reassuring to hear, especially now the heartbeat is easier to find and much louder.

We're starting to think about buying some baby gear, pram, cot etc. We don't want to have to find the money for everything all at once, so we'll buy it gradually. You can probably tell that I am feeling a lot more relaxed about things now, and beginning to really imagine how life is going to be in 6 months time.

Next obs appointment is on Friday arvo. This time DH can't come as he has long-standing plans to go to a one day cricket game, Australia vs someone(?). I think he is more disappointed that he can't come to the appointment than I am!

Life is good!! (apart from having to go to work which I am not enjoying at all at the moment, my mind is taken up with other thoughts hese days!). Shall post again on Friday night to update on my appointment.

2 comments:

  1. That must be really exciting for you! Glad to hear everything's going well. Good luck with your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic news that you are now in the second trimester. Happy dance for you...

    ReplyDelete