Wednesday, January 5, 2011

NT scan update

Well it didn't end up being an NT scan at all because Little M was measuring too small to do the NT measurement properly. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not (but of course I am worried) but Little M was measuring 6 days behind at 11w1d (I'm exactly 12 weeks today). She tried to get a position where Little M stretched out a bit, but that was the longest she could get (4.51cm). Everything else looked goo. Little M was moving around and the heartrate was 158bpm. We could see the brain developing in the head (which measured at 12w2d so big headed short baby?) and it apparently looked as it should. We could see the blood pumping through the four chambers of the heart (which was on the correct side and orientated in the correct direction). We could see arms and legs. So I am trying very hard not to worry about the measurement being 6 days out, considering everything else looked great. I guess the positive is that we get to have another scan in a weeks time.


Here's a 3D picture. A bit hard to work out what is what, but the head is at the top and a little arm is covering his/her face. Down the bottom you can see a bent leg, with the foot at the very left of the picture. Not sure what all the other lumpy, bumpy bits are.


And another pic looking from above baby. I must say the head looks a bit like an alien.

3 comments:

  1. Did the sonographer seem worried? Was it the sort of Malaysian looking one? At least everything they could visualise was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she didn't seem worried. She just said she didn't know why it was measuring so far behind. She said everything else looked exactly as it should at that stage. I'm trying very very hard not to worry and I won't be googling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chick, from what I've read I don't think it's anything to be worried about. As you know every baby develops differently, in the womb and on earth, and I've seen some babies measuring a week behind at a 20 week scan and there's no issues there. It's just the way they develop. That said, I know why you'd be worried. Won't be long til you'll be feeling little kicks to reassure you that everything is going to be OK this time xoxox

    ReplyDelete