Sunday, November 7, 2010

Seven days til testing...

And I'm still not quite crazy yet.

So I last posted on Thursday when I was 8dpo (or 6dp2dt which in long hand means 6 days past a two-day embryo transfer, so much lingo in the forums!). I said I'd probably start testing the next at 9dpo, which of course I did. I have a stash of 50 (yes you read correctly) internet cheapies (IC's) so I'm not stingy with them.

No line morning of 9dpo, pure snowy white. Thought I could see a ghost of a line on the night of 9dpo, but knew I was wishing a line to be there. Morning of 10dpo and the shadow of a line was a teeny tiny bit darker. Maybe there was a line there? Nervous pee on a stick on the night of 10dpo and yes, there was the faintest, faintest line. Most people wouldn't have been able to see it, but after a couple of years of HPT examination practice, my eyes can pick up even the tiniest shadow of a pink line. So I broke out the big guns, a First Response (supposedly the most sensitive "proper" test on the market)and tried it. Nothing!!! Very disappointed that my IC's were giving me false hope. I guess you get what you pay for.

Today at 11dpo of course I peed on another IC and the line was there again, and darker (still barely discernible to the non experts of course). So I did another First Response and woohoo! A very light 2nd line appeared!! So my IC's are actually better at detecting low levels of HCG than the expensive First Responses. So, feeling really brave I went a bought a digital pregnancy test. I've tried these on several occasions in the early days of pregnancy and only ever had the nasty words "not pregnant" so I really was very brave. And guess what? I got "Pregnant"!!! I did a little happy dance around the bathroom.





Of course I shouldn't be allowing myself to get excited or hopeful. I've been in this situation five times before and still don't have a baby. But I just can't help it. My imagination is already running away with me.

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! SOOO exciting! You must be over the moon! I have to tell you I have also had a lot of luck with the IC tests, the are soo... faint you have to be an 'expert' to see it, but for me, they show before other tests do. So great for you, wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very promising!! GOOD LUCK SWEETY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I can understand you being anxious as well as excited though. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete