Monday, November 15, 2010

The tortuous wait

I seem to be spending my whole life wishing it away, waiting, waiting.

It has been a painful wait from Saturday until today to see what my hcg levels are doing.

I'm amazed to report that they have more than doubled in 48 hours. I really thought I'd just get a slight rise, and would then have the painful wait for them to drop back to zero and AF to arrive.

So here are my levels:
14dpo 49
17dpo 128 (doubling time of 48 hours)
and today:
19dpo 343 (doubling time of 33 hours)

It's given me a little bit of hope. Although my levels should now be up around 600, maybe my little bean was just a slow off the mark? Maybe he/she is going to catch back up now?

I am still very lightly bleeding on and off, so that is scary. And absolutely no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever.

Now I'm waiting for Wednesday, so I can have another blood test and see what is going on. I'm hoping for a big jump up to put my mind at ease.

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of your and hoping your numbers keep rising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm nervous waiting with you, i really hope they keep doubling like this and that this is your cycle, sending loads of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God this is painful to go through for us, I can't imagine being you! The hope that springs eternal...you just have to go with it until you have reason to know any different. I hope all good things for you, that the bleeding stops and your levels are fab!

    As we all know bleeding can mean many things that are NOT the end of a pregnancy, lets just hope for the best. Fingers, toes (???) arms, legs....everything crossed for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God, torturous is the word. These must be the slowest days of your life. But the news sounds good so far! I feel hopeful for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I give you some hope: here are my numbers for DS: 13DPO 32, 15DPO 120, 18 DPO 410. Today I a two year old boy. I also spotted, heavey at first, from 15DPO til about 20DPO.
    My fingers are definately crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete