Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still eleven days til testing!

I haven't gone crazy with the wait yet, but I can feel myself getting closer. Today I'm 8dpo and haven't got any symptoms except sore boobs, and I'm pretty sure that's due to the crinone gel I'm using twice a day. Such lovely stuff (I'm being sarcastic in case you didn't pick that up).

My clinic seems to make us wait longer for test day than any other clinics in the country (from what I can work out from various ivf forums). My test day is 19dpo (15 Nov). Are they just being mean or what? Or avoiding finding chemical pregnancies until they have been and gone? Whatever their reason, I will be cheating and testing early (of course, I'm addicted to peeing on sticks). I'd rather know sooner than later if I am not pregnant to put myself out of my misery. Some people think - what if you test too early and get a negative when you are actually pregnant, then it will make you miserable. Maybe, but if I don't have a 2nd line by 13dpo then I know I'm not pregnant and get miserable. I'd rather that, than have my hopes building for longer before the crash back to reality.The earliest I've had a BFP is 9dpo, so yep, I'll probably test tomorrow!

You probably all think I AM crazy now.

3 comments:

  1. We're ovulation twins! I'm also 8DPO. I've decided I don't have the psychological profile to succeed as an early tester. It drives me way too mad. Besides I'm on Pregnyl this time so it's a bit pointless.

    Good luck. I'll be checking back later to see what your HPT has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually you're one day ahead of me because you posted that yesterday. Not twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with crazy? And what are the options when you're doing IVF?!? Enjoy peeing on your sticks; I hope you see something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete